Monday, April 6, 2009

Epic Journey Day 1-2

For those of you curious where my blog went, its coming back to life, slowly, as I catch up with my own life. After only 8 months in Missoula, Matt and I are moving to Memphis, TN. Matt got a job working for a former boss at Wright Medical Technologies. They create replacement joints and he loves it! SO to restart and get caught up with my photo a day, I am posting photos from my Epic Journey from Missoula to Memphis - if that didn't get "Don't Stop Believing" or "More Than a Feeling" stuck in your head, I don't know what will! Some photos aren't great because I can't always get the big camera out and shot them with my phone, for TwitPic, but should get more interesting the closer I get to TN!

Day one - Florence, Missoula, Helena - 151 miles, about 2 hours



Ok, so Day one wasn't real epic. I stayed at my mother-in-law's since all of my stuff was gone on the moving truck.



And woke up to this:




Pretty, but made me swear a little. Luckily it was already 38 degrees by the time I drove away. Stopped by the empty house, mopped one more time and got my plants and PT beer (for Matt, not for driving), then hit Starbucks for my new favorite soy caramel latte, and got gas. OH and I forgot to introduce my travel buddy:



This is SNOT. He was a birthday gift from my friend Harmony when I lived in Wyoming in 2003. He since has lived in the glove box of Matt's truck. He emerged from his cave earlier this winter and has been my companion in the Vibe since.

Drive to Helena wasn't bad, a little slushy. But coming over McDonald Pass is always pretty.

Spent the rest of the day playing with the nieces and nephew, then dinner with Krystal. Yesterday was mostly just relaxing, camera shopping with Chris and Curt, and then Harmony and I walked the walking mall and went to Monsters vs Aliens (which was hilarious and cute). Also watched Twilight with Chrissy. Nice relaxing Sunday. Today isn't starting out bad either. I'll try to take a few more pictures than yesterday! Onward!

"Where ever you go, there you are" - Jack Handy

No comments: