Friday, January 2, 2009

2009 - The year of the Rocker (or Rachor)


So here's the big announcement you've all been waiting for. 2009 is the year of the Rachor! This is the year Rachor Photography becomes a truly full time venture for Sarah. And with that, this has also been dubbed year of growth. A major part of that growth will be determined soon since there could be more major personal changes. Until then, I've got 3 resolutions:

1. Eat better, exercise more. - The grueling Montana winter has taken its toll. So really, for resolution number one, its the year of shrinking. I'm 28 its time to get ahold of myself and work my booty off (quite literally). I'm eating vegetarian at least 3 times a week to start with, more seafood, less cheeseburgers the rest of the time and my poor abused pup gets a walk a day. See next month for the beginning of the workout DVD's. IF I get brave, I'll post my own before pictures so you can all see that I'm really the biggest loser! (I can hear it now... we already knew you were the biggest loser... HA HA!)

2. Get to WPPI - For those photographers following me here, please try to get to WPPI in February. This is one of those life changing opportunities, especially when you are just starting out. There is so much knowledge and so many useful products out there. If you feel stuck where you're at in your career, go! Go see as many speakers as you can, go to some parties the vendors have, and talk to as many photographers as possible. We're a fun group, and more willing than most to help each other out. I love that about my profession, and I hope that if you don't, you'll get ahold of me, or someone in your area and find out why they love it!

If you don't believe me, let these 24 photographers tell you why! Here is episode #1 of the Longest Day videos (including my former boss and current Action Hero, Kevin Kubota! Can't wait for that Action sequence - any Enter the Dragon involved??)



3. Photo a day for 2009 - I began this awhile ago and then my life went nuts. NO excuse for not posting, I know. So, beginning yesterday, I'm taking one photograph a day for the entire year and will be posting them right here. It may be work I did for a client, it may be something I shot for fun. But I'm going to get out every day and take pictures because that's why I became a photographer and thats what I love to do.

Here is yesterday's:


And todays:


Here's to a spectacular 2009. May you be healthy, smarter, faster than before, or wherever your resolutions may lead you. I've never made any before, and this way, you can all keep track!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for picture of the day!